Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nicholas Sparks Writing Film for Miley Cyrus



According to Variety.com:

"Nicholas Sparks is writing a new novel and an accompanying screenplay that is being custom-fit as a star vehicle for Miley Cyrus at Disney."

I wasn't expecting this collaboration but it makes sense. Miley has a huge teen fan base and Sparks knows how to make teen girls cry i.e. A Walk to Remember and The Notebook. We all know the story is going to be inspirational and bittersweet. And that's a good thing.

6 comments:

serenity said...

This is fascinating news. I can't help but follow Nicholas Sparks' writing, and Miley is highly likeable. I love a Walk to Remember, and I hope this story compares. I wonder if they intend to have a faith theme?

Rain said...

I didn't know that... but it will be hard to see Miley playing a serious role. Since she always says she's a comedian & its her job to be funny!! I mean and with the "Hannah Montana" fan base which is 6 to tweens. Will the movie be a romantic comedy?? It will have to be a different genre from A Walk to Remember.. I like Miley but can she pull this off??

SolShine7 said...

It probably won't have an in your face faith theme but most of his works have a hopeful theme so that's kind of close.

Kofi Bofah said...

Just checking in to see what news you have reported today.

Miley is looking to demonstrate a 'grown up' persona.

Hence, the public spats with Billy Ray that have become customary in response to any controversy.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'm sure it will be great!

jamey johnson said...

good post!