Monday, April 14, 2008

Band Spotlight: Mono

Mono is a Japanese band and their music is so beautiful and soul-stirring it doesn't need any lyrics.

Their guitar melodies tells stories all by themselves, leading you toward deep reflection while massaging your mind with lingering notes and well placed crescendos. Bands like Mono are exactly why the repeat button on your iPod or CD player was created because you can listen to their songs over and over again and still want more.

If you enjoy Mono then check out their label mates on Temporary Residence Limited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not heard this band before. First time for everything. I am going to go and listen to some of the music, I am a stickler for music that does not have to have lyrics to feel the emotion.

Thanks for sharing

Miryam

Karen said...

Miryam, if you enjoy music without lyrics then I think you'll definitely like them. Let me know how it goes.

GPS, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like my blog. I try to keep it fresh and interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'll check them out but the name sounds like Bono from U2 ! ahahah oh and its mono isn't it the kissing diease???