Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New Year's Eve: Kansas Style

If I ever decide to stand outside in the freezing cold for a New Year's Eve celebration it won't be in Times Square. Thanks to an article I found in Family Circle magazine (January 2007) there's a more unique spot to freeze my butt off on the threshold of the New Years to come: Manhattan, Kansas. Home of "The Little Apple New Year's Eve Celebration and Ball Drop". I like the fact that they hace a huge glittery apple instead of New York's trademark cheesy disco ball. They get two thumbs up for that alone. Plus, they have fireworks and we all know how fireworks make any event that much cooler.

The Little Apple's website has loads of pictures and a video clip from the 2005 celebration. Approximately 10,000 - 20,000 people gather in Manhattan to rock in the New Year with a Midwestern twist.

This looks like a perfect setting for a Hallmark Channel love story flick. I better get to writing...

No comments: