Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The NBA Playoffs

I went to my first NBA playoff game over the weekend. Pistons vs. Magic.

Attending a playoff game is something I've dreamed of for a long time. The cool thing is I had nothing to do with it. God did! He blessed me with the tickets the day of the game and it was so cool to see the Pistons blowout the Magic. Being in a stadium full of excited people is exhilarating. It made me think of what Heaven will be like, just imagine being surrounded by billions of people cheering for Jesus. That's wild! I wonder if there will be thundersticks in Heaven. If so, that would be pretty sweet.

6 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!! I often wonder what heaven will be like too. I'm sure it's going to be beyond our wildest dreams!

jamey johnson said...

I work with a Detroit native (aka PISTON MANIAC...Pistons can not win, I'll never here the end of it). Sorry Karen, since Kevin Garnett was a former Minnesota Timberwolve, I have to go with the Boston Celtics...thank the Lord we will all be on the same team in Glory!

Karen said...

BGG, I did! And you're right Heaven is going to rock!

Jamey, I like Kevin Garnett too but not enough for the Celtics to beat the Pistons. ;) I do hope it comes down to Pistons vs. Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals. That would be a great series!

jamey johnson said...

I can't believe the Pistons are winning without Billips

Karen said...

You better believe it! ;)

Go Pistons!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Go Pistons! Hopefully the Red Wings can win their next game too :-)