Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards



I so wish I could go to this.

An Aboriginal awards show is some exciting stuff. I just found out about this event and it definitely deserves a spot on my list of award shows I'd like to attend. Right under The Oscars, The Almas, The AZN Excellence Awards and The Black Movie Awards.

So here's the 411, according to the event's official website:

The second annual Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards will take place Friday, November 2, 2007 at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This spectacular gala event will be broadcast live on the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network(APTN) which will feature performances by the best Aboriginal recording artists across North America.
Naturally, the category I'm most interested in is: Best Gospel CD.

And by the way, the dude in the cowboy hat is Shane Yellowbird, winner of last year's Best New Artist, Best Music Video and Single of the Year.

(Hat tip to The Native Blog)

2 comments:

jamey johnson said...

I'm with you on the best gospel CD (i wish they would have best MASS CHOIR GOSPEL CD). I'm not trying to offend anyone (especially Shane), but MAN! I struggle with listening to country music.

Karen said...

hehe Jamey. I used to feel that way about country. But now, outside of Christian music, it's what I listen to the most.