Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Virginia Tech Tragedy

There are no "right" words for moments like these. What do you say to a family that has lost their son or daughter? What do say to someone who's best friend is no more? What do you say to a community that has been severely shaken? Or to a nation that stands in shock?

Where are those "right" words? Where is that perfect world? How do we make sense of it all? Sometimes all we can do, is close our eyes, steady our our breathing and say a prayer from somewhere deep down inside, hoping that somehow things will be better.

May God's love be with all those involved, from the families of those who have passed away, to those injured students, the college staff, the family of the shooter and to everyone else who watches from afar.

Please watch this video "Virginia Tech Tragedy Tribute" and pray.


Also, here is an excerpt from the lyrics to P.O.D.'s song "The Youth of the Nation":

Last day of the rest of my life
I wish I would've known
Cause I didn't kiss my mama goodbye

I didn't tell her that I loved her and how much I care
Or thank my pops for all the talks
And all the wisdom he shared

Unaware, I just did what I always do
Everyday, the same routine
Before I skate off to school

But who knew that this day wasn't like the rest
Instead of taking a test
I took two to the chest

Call me blind, but I didn't see it coming
Everybody was running
But I couldn't hear nothing

Except gun blasts, it happened so fast
I don't really know this kid
Even though I sit by him in class

Maybe this kid was reaching out for love
Or maybe for a moment
He forgot who he was
Or maybe this kid just wanted to be hugged
Whatever it was
I know it's because...

For the rest of the lyrics click here.

No comments: